Booktailors’s consulting services cater to companies operating in the field of publishing, both in Portugal and abroad, and it has worked with some of the key players in the trade. The company’s most successful endeavours include the strategic research project for the creation and development of brands such as the 20|20 group (which has climbed to rank 5th in the Portuguese publishing industry in just 7 years), and the relaunching of the Quetzal imprint in 2008, for which we devised the entire rebranding and communications strategies.
Our publishing consultancy services essentially include:
- publishing strategy — developing catalogues, assessing business opportunities, scouting, rights negotiations;
- management and administration — redeveloping tools and internal work methodologies, recruitment;
- marketing and communications — devising and implementing marketing and communications strategies for brands, collections, and individual titles;
- publishing coordination — coordinating publishing projects, from end to end or focusing on specific parts of the production process of a book (translation, proofreading, preparation of drafts, pagination, etc.);
- tailor-made products/packaging — creating editorial products for brands, including daily planners, commemorative editions, and more;
- branding — designing brand identities, book layout projects, or decorations.